Thank you for booking with DAACK™ . We have put together this information for you so that you can be prepared for your appointment, know what to expect during your appointment and are armed with information for post DAACK™ appointment care
Preparation for your Appointment:
- We recommend exfoliating your skin 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Please cleanse your skin right before your appointment
- Please arrive to your appointment makeup free with a clean face (moisturiser is ok).
After your Appointment:
- Avoid touching your face with your hands when possible
- For touchups use a pressed powder and brush to stipple (small light pats) the product, don’t drag the brush across your face.
- Avoid activities – such as swimming, saunas, steam rooms, and other hot environments.
- If you cry, blot the tear as it runs down your face; do not blot the tear in the tear duct as this may smudge your mascara or your eye products.
- Ensure you have your own lip product to reapply and touchup during the event
- Remember to remove your makeup at the end of the day/event.
Coming in for a styling appointment?
- Please ensure hair is cleansed with a double shampoo the day before. (Shampoo hair twice in one shower then condition)
- Arrive with fully dry hair only (if hair is damp, a drying surcharge will be added)
- No use of hair straighteners or curls prior to your appointment. This is begin the setting process and your hair style may not turn out as expected.
- If you need to dry your hair, please only “blast” your hair with a hair dryer.
Wash and Blowout?
- Absolutely nothing – come in with the intention of being fully pampered, cleansed and styled.
Spray Tan preparation before the session:
- Shower with a moisturising body wash before the spray tanning procedure. use a body was with a pH balance and avoid soap at all costs.
- Exfoliation is vital before the spray tanning procedure, as this will cleanse the skin and slough off dry and dead skin cells. After exfoliating, a smooth texture is exposed and the outer most cells of the skin will be prepared to receive the spray tan solution evenly. Do not use an oil based exfoliator as the oil left on the skin may act as a barrier and hinder the results.
- Spray tan preparation also includes not using any products like deodorants, perfumes, lotions, moisturisers or makeup before the session. Applying these products to the skin can create unwanted results after the tan has processed.
- Shave or wax a day before the spray tanning procedure. Your pores should be closed during the procedure so that you don’t obtain a spotty tan.
What to expect during your spray tan session:
- Wear a disposable g-string, bra and hair clip. This will protect your private areas and your hair from being exposed to the solution.
- Apply a barrier cream or moisturiser to your nails and palms to keep them from tanning.
- Let the spray tan solution dry completely before putting your clothes back on, use the hand dryer for as long as needed
- Wear dark and loose clothes after you have been spray tanned to avoid any residue and smudges (a tanning dress is perfect)
How to achieve the best results Post Appointment:
- If you want to extend the life of your tan, avoid water, saunas, physical exercise, swimming and tight or rough material. All these will contribute to fading y our tan unevenly. Sweating also leads to streaks so avoid physical and strenuous activities.
- Apply tan extender daily to maintain your spray tan. By applying this daily, it can extend the life of your tan for up to 15 days (skin dependant). When the tan does start to fade, it will fade evenly, which means you can avoid blotchiness.
- Do not use soap or scrubs while showering after you have been spray tanned. these exfoliate the skin and fade the color of your tan.
- You should also avoid showering in extremely hot water as this can easily irritate the skin.
- Avoid shaving or waxing after the spray tan session. These remove the hair along with the upper surface of the skin which has just been spray tanned.
- Do not rub; instead pat dry yourself after showering. Rubbing will only create an exfoliating effect that will remove dead skin cells from your body. These dead skin cells have the tan locked onto them so you don’t want to get rid of them anytime soon!
- After drying off post shower, moisturise. This is vital for any spray tan longevity. Apply a hydrating cream so that your tan remains intact. When your skin is hydrated and smooth, the tanned cells will flake off. Remember to moisturise at least twice a day for optimum results.